Tuesday 15 October 2013

CAS Journal Entry No. 6: Founder's Day Choir


The curtain rises, the shine on the bleacher at the back of the stage. A band of students in white and black begin to sing, and their voices ring through the auditorium. As part of the school choir that performed on Founder’s Day, I had the opportunity to take part in this event and I am very happy I did so. Initially, I was very apprehensive about joining the choir because it is not a very popular club in my school. Unlike other schools, my school does not have a permanent choir where students who are interested are invited to join; instead a rather chaotic method is used where choirs are put together as necessary.


When I was younger, I used to be part of the school choir but it was after a break of around 5 years that I took part in this one. Practicing with Mr. Denzel and the rest of the group helped me get better and more confident, and as one of the only bass voices in the ensemble, it was quite a good experience. Was our choir perfect? Of  course not, but we did the best we could in the time that we had, and because I had to juggle responsibilities and change really quickly because I was also one of the hosts of the event, it was an even more energetic performance. Although we certainly didn’t blow the crowd away with our amazing vocal styling, I’m sure that with some practice and time to develop we could become much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment