Friday 18 October 2013

CAS Journal Entry No.7: Sports Day



            Sports have always been a big part of our school’s curriculum, and I think we are one of the few school that actually offer physical education classes to even the senior-most classes. That being said, sports day, I think is a wonderful way to just enjoy and participate in whatever event you think you’re good at. Me (I’m not much of a runner) being me, I decided to take part in the field throw events, which this year consist of both shot put and discus. For a few weeks, we were given coaching by the P.E. staff prior to the event, but because I was attending DSMUN I was unable to help setup the track and field as we did last year.
            Typical of Kerala weather, without rain for three days, I could almost smell my face burning as we took the field that day. But, it was a great day to celebrate the beauty of sport and it helped the entire school have a sense of loyalty because the house that scores the most points at the end of the day, earns a trophy. Being part of Vayu house (Go Vayu!), I tried my best to win, but only ended up with a single silver medal in shot put.
            Regardless of victory or defeat, sport has always been all about the spirit in which you participate and the same holds true for individual sports as well. I can honestly say, I was not this loyal or caring about anything before I began participating in sports and I’m sure that every other student in the school feels the same way. Brought together by a sense of unity and loyalty, sports day is about more than just which house wins the trophy, its about learning to accept winning or losing with equal happiness and going home with your head held high.








            

No comments:

Post a Comment